The GMAA (Giant Model Association Australia) was formed in 2016 to represent the interests of those who build and fly large model aircraft.
GMAA is the only organisation devoted entirely to this branch of the hobby which is recognised by the MAAQ, MAAA and CASA. GMAA are serious about a code of ethics and all members are expected to adhere to those conditions
Among our members we have some of the most experienced modellers in Australia so there's always someone ready to assist on any aspect of the hobby. The GMAA also has on its committee two of the 6 Australian registered Giant Model Inspectors for your convenience.
A GMAA News Letter will be distributed at the end of each event and contains Event outcome, articles, technical reports, news, etc.
GMAA Displays, Fly-ins are organised through the following clubs;
- Tingalpa - TMAC
- Suncoast - SMF
GMAA Safety Considerations
- A Proficiency scheme designed to promote the safe flying of large models at public events will be provided.
- Minimum Gold Wing Mandatory
- A pre inspection and the sighting of your MAAA certification will be required by GMAA inspectors for all member’s models prior to being permitted to fly.
- Most of all the GMAA offers a warm welcome and unrivalled camaraderie, so take a step up in this great hobby of ours, come and join us - you'll be glad you did!
Criteria for qualifying models (Note questions refer to Peter Love our Rules Director)
- Monoplane 90 inches or 55cc engine
- Bi Plane 80 inches
- Jet 15Kg
- Glider ¼ Scale
- Helicopter 7 Kg